In India, a power cut out is common, it is so common that people just wait till the light comes and some people don’t even complain about it. With a regular problem, there comes an awesome solution and that awesome solution is called an inverter.
Inverters are so important nowadays, however, there is something much more important than the inverter itself, that is the battery and it is to be noted that to make your inverter perform last longer, you have to choose the best inverter battery out there.
Now many people ask why they should select the best inverter battery out of so many options out there, the reason is simple if you want your inverter to run like a horse and last longer for years or even a decade then the selection of the accumulator. The charging cycle is also important as batteries perform much better if they are manufactured by a good brand and charge quickly too.
Some of these power generators come with a great backup while some have a low backup as you are running them for a big house, depends on you.
Today we have come up with the top inventions (yes, they are great) which helps people fighting the load shedding problem.
Also read – Best Juicer Mixer Grinders In India
Buying Guide For The Best Inverter Battery
1. Battery Backup Time
The most important thing before buying a battery is this. Let us consider an area where power cuts are common and the average time for those cuts is 4-5 hours, and let us also assume that it happens at least 3 times a week, then you can understand what am I trying to say.
A battery that provides electricity during the average cut time of an area will also be a good option for any type of home.
For a battery to work efficiently, a fan or light is also necessary, so we have also posted a review of the best ceiling fans in India.
2. Compatibility With The Inverter
Nowadays, every battery is made to use universally with any kind of inverter, so we may say that (safely) you can use your inverter with any kind of battery, but still, some experts suggest that if you are using Luminous inverter than only use Luminous powerhouses.
You may also buy combo offers from Amazon, they are regular and will keep your home safe.
As, we have already told you briefly that there are two to three main kinds of battery types, so in this part, we will explain each of the following.
- Lead-acid Batteries – These are the ancient ones, they are the oldest types of rechargeable batteries, they are still used however better batteries are available in the market, as the name also suggests these batteries contain lead and acid. In these lead-acid type batteries to supply high currents, you need a very large power-to-weight ratio.
Given that they are cheap, their performance is also low as compared to the other categories.
- Tubular Batteries – These are very modern and there is no type of corrosion in it, no shedding or any other common problems which lead-acid users may face. The structure of Tubular batteries looks like a series of tubes kept side by side along the length of the electrode.
- Flat plate batteries – These are obviously better than lead-acid but are not better than the tubular ones, they are good for a short period of time, but are less dependable than tubular batteries.
Their structure is old and is considered to be outdated.
- Maintenance-Free Battery – Often known as the gel battery, it is also a lead-acid battery but as the name suggests, there is no need for maintenance. They are never made for the long term and are often known as single-time use batteries.
List Of Top 6 Best Inverter Battery In India
1. Luminous Zelio 1100 Inverter with RC18000 150 Ah Tubular Battery
On our list of Top 10 Best Inverter Battery in India is the Luminous Zelio 1100 Inverter with RC18000 150 Ah Tubular Battery. The main reason why this battery tops our list is that this inverter battery can withstand long and frequent power cuts very easily. Moreover, this inverter battery requires minimum maintenance. Also, you can buy this at no cost EMI from Amazon.
- At the time of power cut, this Luminous Zelio inverter battery can easily support 3 Tube Lights (40 Watts), 3 Ceiling Fans (90 Watts), 1 Television.
- Maximum Bulb Load: 650 Watt
- 900 VA/12 Volts Capacity
- Sine Wave Technology
- 32 Bit DSP Processor
- Item Dimensions: 275 mm x 248 mm x 120 mm
2. Luminous ExtraCharge EC18036 150Ah Tall Tubular Battery
This inverter battery is suitable for areas with frequent power cuts. The design of this tubular battery helps in having a life of over 1250 cycles at 80% depth of discharge.
This Luminous Extra Charge inverter battery is the most suitable for inverters as it comes to you with tubular battery. This tubular battery has a balanced plate design which helps in excellent deep charge, improved charged acceptance, and fast recovery. The excellent charge acceptance and lowest internal resistance are ensured by the feature of the battery i.e. inter partition connection.
- 36 Months Warranty
- Product Dimensions: 23 x 32 x 52 cm
- For correct fitment
- Even in the case of high voltage, protects the lead part of the battery from corrosion.
3. Amaron Inverter 150Ah Tall Tubular Battery
To suit the varying needs and applications of users, the Amaron brand comes with a range of inverter batteries.
The inverter battery by Amaron is suitable/compatible with any brand of inverters available in the market, so that you may never fell power loss. The user enjoys a completely hassle-free experience when he buys an Amaron inverter battery.
The inverter battery by Amaron uses high heat resistant Calcium/ultra modified Hybrid alloy for its grids which makes it zero-maintenance.
- This inverter battery offers a total of 48 (36 + 12) months warranty.
- Inverter battery charges quickly and easily.
- Contains low lead reserve
- Less prone to lose water
- This inverter battery has high heat tolerance capacity which makes it completely perfect for Indian weather conditions.
- Has the highest reserve capacity
- Factory charged.
4. EXIDE INDUSTRIES 150Ah Insta Brite Inverter Ups Battery
The Insta Bride offers superior power backup at a reasonable price. This inverter battery by Exide ensures that there will be no shortage of power in your home. It has superior technology i.e.
Advance Hybrid technology which is best suited to withstand high temperature as well as thick plate construction with special paste formulation.
Also, this inverter battery has some different and unique features too. It has a special hybrid alloy system leading to low water loss and dual plate separation that reduces the possibility of premature failure.
- Product Dimensions: 30.5 x 25.4 x 22.9 cm
- Weight: 40 Kg
- This inverter battery has easy maintenance.
- It has a float/float guide to indicate the electrolyte level.
- 36 Months Warranty.
- Easy to handle.
- Clean top with no surface leakage.
- Leak and fume resistant: spark arrestor fitted in float to restrict fumes and acid during operation.
- The Exide inverter battery is molded handles to ensure easy handling.
- Top vented lid with anti-splash guards fitted with coin flush vent plugs
5. Genus Hallabol GTT165 150 AH Tall Tubular Inverter Battery for Home and Office (White)
For consistent and reliable power, Genus tubular batteries are designed. With the help of their plates, this inverter battery provides high efficiency. Being a tubular battery it’s the price is competitive.
This inverter battery is made for heavy-duty applications and performs well in even in log and frequent power cuts.
Basically two variants are there of the tubular battery for different needs, Classic and Economy. Genus inverter battery claims that their batteries don’t get overheated. Also, the inverter battery assures a long life as it is resistant to corrosion.
The special feature about the Genus tubular inverter battery is that the battery can complement both solar and grid-based setups. Also, the battery can be operated easily at high temperatures without any glitch. These tubular batteries are suitable for a wide range of applications because they have fast charge recovery.
Due to their affordability, durability, and performance, this inverter battery can be used in offices, hotels, shopping malls, stores, schools, petrol pumps, and many more places and that’s why this inverter battery is in our list of best inverter battery in India. Moreover, they have sufficient warranty and C-20 ratings.
One more plus point of this tubular battery is that they have electrolyte technology and crafter after intensive research. Also, the Genus inverter battery features noiseless functioning and zero pollution.
- Especially for long & frequent power cuts.
- Factory Charged
- Supports both, solar and normal application
- 48 Months Warranty
- Suitable with any inverter
6. V-Guard VT160 150 mAh Inverter Tubular Tall Battery (Multicolour)
The V- Guar VT 160 battery supports V-Guard Digital UPS and other UPS very well. Depending upon how much load you have connected to the DUPS, this inverter battery backup varies from three hours thirty minutes to fifty-four hours. 21 liters of acid is required by this inverter battery. 1.245 0.005 Sp. Gr. Litres/Cell is the specific gravity of electrolyte in this inverter battery after they become fully charged. The technology used enables this inverter battery to provide a huge amount of reliable power & consistent.
- Product Dimensions: 50.5 x 19 x 41.5 cm
- Weight: 56KG
- 30 months warranty
- Provide increased power and efficiency
Some Of The Best Inverter Battery Brands In India
If you have read our previous posts you must have known that we here at Ecommerce25 are not even 1% biased about any brand, in fact we first buy the product and then test it ourselves.
As we are listing these brands irrespective of the rankings, the numbers before each heading is just for counting, we are not ranking any battery brand, for us all are equal and everyone has made their best products to be the best one.
All brands listed here offer good backup, warranty for some time, and are great in their respective fields.
1. Luminous Batteries
Luminous batteries need no introduction, they are thick, sturdy, perform longer, have an awesome backup, and handles load shedding as good as possible.
Luminous offers two types of batteries – The flat plate battery and The Tubular battery. It is believed that the tubular battery is the safest kind of battery for an inverter.
2. Su-Kam Batteries
This brand doesn’t need any kind of introduction, it makes long-lasting products that are reliable and are awesome in handling power cuts.
Su-kam’s inverters are much more famous than the batteries itself but we can’t deny the fact that they make these too.
3. Amaron Batteries
Amaron claims that it is the largest battery brand in India and is also one of the best selling brands of all time. From our perspective it surely is but common people know about amaron as a much better automotive battery brand.
Some of the stuff offered by Amaron is –
- Long Life
- Ultra-Low Maintenance
- Improved Safety
- Warranty – 24 months
4. Okaya Batteries
It is not as famous as other brands but yes it is a completely trusted company that cares about its customers. After-sales service is very important, you won’t understand as soon as you buy a product but you will understand its importance if the product is accidentally damaged.
Okaya is one of those brands which offer a great amount of support to its customers.
5. Exide Batteries
Exide batteries are famous and can be a “lifesaver” during a power cut. With great support, they also offer a helpline for customers by visiting their homes to identify the issue.
Exide is a very famous and reputed brand in India and is continuing its legacy. Off-topic but Exide also offer emergency on-road assistance for people if they are stuck in between their way (only for automotive batteries).
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best inverter battery brand
For us, some of the best brands are Luminous, Amaron, Su-Kam, Okaya, Exide etc. While we have listed each and every brand and its disadvantages but we can assure that these are the safest choices.
which is the best inverter and battery for home use
While we have already made a complete list about it, check out our article for it and we can assure you will find the correct choice inside your budget.
Why does my inverter battery heats up
It is very normal for an inverter battery to heat up due to overcharging or over usage, but if it is literally burning or a pungent smell is coming, contact the support as soon as possible.
Which is best inverter battery for one fan and light?
Any battery of about 65 AH or higher may work, and it will don't cost you a ton either, you can save money too, so go for these type of batteries.
Can we only use the battery of the same brand as that of inverter
No, most batteries are made for universal usage, but still, we recommend you to go for the same brand as it offers nice compatibility.
Which is better Amaron or Luminous?
While amaron made its name in automotive industries, Luminous kept its branding safe and now luminous is the best selling inverter battery brand in India. So our vote goes to Luminous.
We are assuming that you have made your choice of the most suitable battery for your inverter, we also recommended you that you must only go for the same brand powerhouse, also, at each point, we have already pointed out the warranty and support review of each product.
Thanks for visiting Ecommerce25, keep visiting us for more product reviews.